Since the visa costs have become extremely high for family members and relatives here in UAE, Emirates Visa Services is at rescue to some extent (if you are travelling on Emirates). They are offering three types of visa viz.,
- Transit (96hrs max, available for transit passengers only) at AED 190
- Tourist (30 days max, extendable by 30 days) at AED 275, extension cost AED 710
- Visit (90 days max) at AED 1115
Out of this Tourist visa option is most economical if relative is coming for max 30 days. Other wise as resident one has to get visit visa by paying AED 500 to Immigration department apart from other fees.
- The above visa types apply for family members and near relatives of UAE residents only.
- Entry into the UAE is subject to immigration approval.
- All visa types are valid for 59 days from the date of issue.
Applying for a visa
The sponsor in the UAE can apply at the Emirates ticketing counters located in:
- Dnata Travel Centre (Sheikh Zayed Road).
- Old Emirates Headquarters building in Deira, near Clock Tower roundabout.
- Sheikh Khalid Al Nahyan Building, Mezzanine Floor, Corniche Street.
- Emirates Commercial Complex, Shop 31, Mezzanine floor, Khalifa Street.
- Al Soor Building, Emirates office.
Alternatively, you can contact other offices in Dubai (04 214 4444), Abudhabi (02 691 1777), Al Ain (03 706 2100) or Sharjah (06 569 0759) for further information.
Please ensure all of the following documents are submitted:
- Applicant’s photograph.
- Applicant’s passport copy. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
- Original application form (available at all Emirates Travel Hubs) in Arabic or English – based on the applicant’s nationality, with addresses and contact numbers at both their originating country and in Dubai.
- Sponsor’s passport copy with UAE residence visa page copy.
- Sponsor’s service letter and/or labour contract.
- Sponsor’s trade license copy if self employed.
- Emirates ticket copy.
- A refundable cash deposit of AED 1000 for each passport.
- The visa fees must be paid upon application.
- The passenger must travel to and from Dubai on Emirates only, and the ticket must be purchased prior to application for the visa.
- The applicant must be under the age of 65 years.
- The ticket is non-refundable if the visa has been issued and utilized.
- Visa processing time: 3 to 4 working days.